Policies for review:
School docs is almost ready - see EOTC type D activity below. Shall we change it to board approved?
Charter and annual plan complete and ready to be ratified. - anything to add/query
National Standards data, analysis and AoV completed from 2016 and ready to go to Ministry.
Clarification around Type D Activity, at present it is:
EEO survey - 2016 EEO survey
Student wellbeing survey - 2016 Student wellbeing survey
Policies for review:
SPF30 - no longer the case - should be SPF50. Change it. Reminders for sunscreen. Ask parents to put sunscreen in their bags for children to put on at lunchtime.
Possible EOTC blanket permission form: Blanket EOTC form
Where is the parent information stored?
Transitions to St Kevin's and offer from SKC. Read Science in Intermediate to help form opinion.
Student safety survey
- · Term 4 Camps were discussed and each teacher will have them ready to present to the Board by next meeting.
- · Survey of Staff discussed. Schedule for early next term?
- · School Docs – board members have had time to fill in their questionnaires and add to or delete from their part of the policies. These will go to Lorraine at next meeting.
- · Suggestion that a statement is put on the website that contains the current policies and procedures to the effect that these are changing as they are going to a new provider.
- Result of student survey gone to parents on the weekly blog.
- Committee reviewing the Child Protection Policy
- Policies/School docs - circulating and being reviewed by the committee.
- Review Child Protection Policy in line with Vulnerable Children's Act -This was reviewed and draft in board packs to be approved.
- Student safety survey results - summary for board members. This can be shared with community after the board meeting.
- End of Term 2 goal progress
- School Docs - If we go ahead, can we negotiate to start in 2017 ? Health and Safety Act.
1. Board elections: Nominations by this Friday. Will know by Tuesday how many members. Postage ? Timing? Ballot Box
2. School site policies discussed. Questions and take to the board.
3. Student safety survey to be carried out in Week 4 Term 2, 2016.
1. Minutes from Feb - Board elections, JJ to contact Tony Brady for returning officer
2. Children's Action Plan policiesHealth & Safety JJ to find out more information about external advisor
3. Core Competency Framework
4. Safety survey- Beginning Term 2 Draft in board packs.
5. policies - To be revisited and motion moved to be accepted for 2016. JJ to find out about external advisor.
6. Progress on goals - Reporting to ensure effort and progress evident especially if child is below.
1.Analysis of Variance, annual plan & charter, goals - Board to review before the meeting.
2.Uniform progress -sample should be with us soon.
3. Goal Setting consultation - Children to choose something positive in their learning so far and something they plan to be able to achieve this year (simple eg. reading at mass).JJ to set out display of Strategic Plan/ Annual Plan for parents to view and discuss. Board election information available.
|Recommended dates from NZSTA website|
NZSTA Clutter - buster Tool to ensure activities are purposeful P2 STANEWS Oct 2015 and p9 Innovative Board Practice ideas. Consider these for 2016.
1. Meeting dates 2016 prepared.
2. Discussed board election dates & processes
3. Reviewed policies. Personnel - volunteers and police vetting
4.Strategic goals - 2016 next steps
5.Student safety survey outcomes for board meeting & staff feedback
6. Uniform feedback
7. Internal Evaluation: Good Practice - copies for board to reflect on for self-review
October 2015 Report
Present: C Cameron, JJackson
Apology: L Cullimore
1. Umbrella policies on site for board to review
2. Uniform progress
3. Board to discuss communities of learning (as per NZSTA email).
4. Self-review Trial ERO indicators - Board to read Domains 1 and 3 to discuss as part of principal's report.
5. Student Safety survey 2015 Cover Health and Safety as well as emotional safety. Include classroom environment/furniture. eg. Air conditioner upstairs.JJ to release teachers Yr 4-8 while students complete survey. In 2016, do the survey in Term 2.
6. End of term hub feedback
Here is the survey for the board to review.
Report for August
Apology: C Cameron
Present: L Cullimoore, J Jackson
1. 61survey responses collated: 50-50 ties, boys shirts overwhelmingly blue, 94.7% satisfied with new canteen (see copy of responses).
2. Still to begin to transfer policies to go onto blog once Paula returns from leave.
3. Merino wool option contact details 033048570 firstname.lastname@example.org
www.facebook.com/merinowoolforschool. We have a sample on the way.
4. Annual student and staff safety surveys to be completed this term for the next board meeting.
Report for June
1. Survey at parent meetings ?Uniform - boys shirts no ties alternative ?
2. End of term goals - Jenny to complete and share links on progress
3. Target progress - Principal's report
4. Online survey prepare end Term 3
5. Policies to go onto blog
There was no meeting in May due to absence.
Report from 24th March
Present: Lynne, Claire, Jenny
1. Review annual plan to include recognition of online parent consultation Term 4 2014. Recommend a similar approach for early Term 4 2015.
2.Jerseys - Claire sourced alternative options. We will create a brief survey to gauge preferences. Board members come with suggestions to the meeting please.
3.Goal Progress - discussed and Jenny will update at meeting
4. Positive feedback about digital communication - emails and newsblog accessibility
Report from 9th February
- Discussed Teaching and Learning site and new tab for board reporting link.
- Strategic Plan - rewording of Goal 4a and 9a.
- Annual Plan discussion
- Self-review cycle 2015-2017 updated
- Updated Board of Trustees Schedule of Meetings based on MOE November 2014 guidance report.
- Include mention of Charter consultation with community - Family Learning huis, Online survey 2014.
- Outcomes from consultation - follow up on school uniform - ties and jerseys. Recommend Intermediate level ties only.