Percentage of all * students accelerating
Percentage of higher achieving students accelerating
Percentage of students struggling to make a year's progress
Compared to less than a year's progress in 2016
Returns - Y2 (Dunedin), Y5 (Christchurch)
Leavers: Y2 - Weston
Term 3 - 2 stand-downs same child (continual disobedience causing dangerous example - now have MoE Learning Support intervention and some positive turn-around), 1 stand-down (gross misconduct - already on MoE Learning Support).
BoT has been notified at a Board meeting by end of Term 4:
8. Payroll provider has been informed when any staff member is on leave because of sickness or holiday
9. That each support staff member moved a step on the Scale or was held because of performance issues
10. School has an Accident Register that is maintained and checked for Hazards.
11. The school has an Induction process in place for new staff the following year.
12. Any Surplus Staffing requirements addressed and MoE notified within MoE stated timeframe.
13. Fire Evacuation has been carried out this term
14. Fire extinguishers checked by contractors.
15. Student absences monitored and followed up (See note)
16. Received a report on appointment process for any current or pending appointment/s
17. Salary Increments for teaching staff approved/All teachers Professional Standards met.
18. Staff Prof. Development progress and outcomes reported (may be reported throughout the year).
19. Report on Special Needs Register/Gifted and Talented and use of SEG
20. Board notified of the number of days the school was open during current year
21. School house is insured (if applicable)
22. That all Code of Practice requirements related to Fee-paying students are being met
23. That all SUE reports have been checked for accuracy and signed along with information on current Banked Staffing figures
24. That consultation with the Maori community has been carried out
25. Staffing Schedule for following year completed for Payroll by required December date.
26. Following year’s Draft budget prepared and minuted.
27. Learning support reports forwarded to the BoT
28. All Staff Appraisals and documentation completed.
29. Unit holders reports tabled with BoT
30. Process for allocating Fixed Term Units for following year completed
31. Final report to Board by Chairperson on Principal’s Appraisal – Compliance checklist attached to final Report by Chairperson and Copy made for BoT records.
32. Auditor has been agreed and minuted at a Board meeting
33. Draft targets for student achievement 2018 are related to the National Curriculum Standards
Principal's Report September 2017
Principal's Report August 2017
Principal's Report June 2017
Principal's Report May 2017